1. The competition is open to any traveler age 18 and over who has visited Palestine / Israel during the past five years.
2. Closing date for receipt of all entries is Friday 16th November 2012.
3. winner will receive a prize package consisting of $250 USD (payable via PayPal or wire transfer) along with copies of the Bradt Guides to Palestine and Israel (transferable as a gift)
4. The winning article will be published in the 2013 Green Olive Tours booklet that is distributed throughout the world.
5. To enter, submit your article consisting of 500-750 words via the official entry form.
6. An initial shortlist of ten entries will be selected on merit by a panel of reviewers appointed by Green Olive Tours (including at least one independent reviewer not affiliated with Green Olive Tours). The selected ten entries will be open to voting by the public via Green Olive Tours' website. The winner will be chosen by an independent judge from the three entries receiving the most votes.
7. Public voting will begin on Friday 23rd November 2012 and terminate on Friday 7th December 2012. To be eligible to vote, you must register for the free Green Olive Tours e-newsletter (distributed only fours times a year and features an opt-out in each issue) as your voting signature will be your registration e-mail. Only one vote is allowed per person.
8. The winner will be announced via the Green Olive Tours website by 31st December 2012 and informed via contact information provided with the entry.
9. Green Olive Tours reserves the right to publish any entry on its website.
10. Entries limited to one per person.
11. Email addresses provided during entry or voting will be used solely to contact the competition winner, and to distribute our email newsletter (four times a year). Each newsletter has a clearly indicated 'unsubscribe' link. No contact information will be disclosed to 3rd parties
12. There is no alternative to the prize offered.
13. If for any reason a winner is unable to take the prize as offered, Green Olive Tours reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entry.
14. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
These terms and conditions may be changed at the discretion of the organizers.